Post Joint Replacement Rehabilitation
Either directly from hospital or skilled nursing facilities, the therapy team at CHCS will work closely with your surgeon to get you quickly back on your feet, doing the activities you enjoy most. CHCS provides comprehensive physical therapy, occupational therapy, nursing, and home health aide services as you recover from joint replacement surgeries, including, but not limited to, hips, knees, and shoulders. Therapists also work with individuals living with arthritis and osteoporosis through positioning, pain relief techniques (from ultrasound to manual therapies), and specifically designed exercise programs.
Your team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and nurses will customize a treatment program to meet your needs.
Here is some of what your team of providers will work on with you:
- Establish individualized goals and treatments
- Assess range of motion and strength
- Assess pain and swelling
- Teach joint replacement precautions
- Teach stretching and strengthening exercises
- Assess and teach how to move about your home safely
- Assess and teach home safety, including possible modifications
- Determine special equipment needs
- Teach self care
- Teach how to prevent or minimize falls.
Community Health and Counseling Services will provide community health services that are needed and valued by the communities and individuals we serve.