What Does Hospice Cover?
Hospice* covers these hospice services and pays nearly all of their costs:
- Doctor services
- Nursing Care
- Medical Equipment (such as hospital bed, wheelchairs or commodes)
- Medical supplies (such as incontinent briefs, bandages, catheters)
- Drugs for symptom control and pain relief
- Short-term care in a hospital or other facility, including respite care for caregivers who need a rest
- Hospice aide personal care and homemaker services
- Physical and/or occupational therapy
- Social Worker services
- Dietary counseling
- Counseling to help patients and their faamilies in coping with grief and loss.
* Insurances that cover Hospice care include Medicare (Part A), MaineCare and many private insurors, depending upon individual plan coverages.
(Photo provided by Mary Cahoon)